|Necessary if:||Severe loss of dental substance of the natural crown, stabilisation of the tooth after a root canal treatment|
|Advantages:||Conservation of tooth|
Advantages of the Zahnklinik ABC Bogen
Our clinic has direct access to its own dental laboratory which means that we can establish immediate communication between you, your doctor and the dental technician—without any loss of information or long waiting times. Be it the identification of the colour of your teeth, the trial-in-mouth, or whenever it is necessary for your individual treatment: Our dental technicians are on-site and receive all the required information to deliver optimal results on time.
Getting a dental crown treatment from one of our expert, you can count on the following advantages:
- Quality on international level in regards to aesthetics, functionality, accuracy of fit, and durability
- The material of choice is made into dental crowns with state-of-the-art CAD/CAM-technology and a maximum of precision
- In our dental laboratory, we use elaborate and individual layering techniques to make your crown resemble your natural teeth in colour, structure and shape
- Continuous intensive training of our dental technicians
- Ceramics used in our laboratory deliver in terms of brilliancy, transparency and the refraction of light and is on par with your natural teeth
Types of Dental Crowns
Depending on several characteristics like the material used, we differentiate between various kinds of dental crowns.
If it is a full or a partial crown, is determined by the size of the crown that is needed to replace the natural crown of the tooth. Other characteristics of dental crowns are the manufacturing process, stability, durability and aesthetical aspects. Generally, we differentiate between the following types:
Preconditions for a New Dental Crown
There are many cases, in which a treatment with a dental crown makes sense and is necessary. The most common cases are:
- Damaged dental crown due to severe caries
- Loss of tooth substance due to an accident
- Abrasion of the surface of the tooth due to chewing
- Disturbed development of the dental germ
- For the reliable fastening of a prosthesis, crowns can be used as abutments or pillars, for example for telescopes
- For the aesthetical correction of anomalies of the shape of the tooth
Cases in which a dental crown in unsuitable:
- For minor damages that only need a filling
- For children and teenager: Here, temporary crowns are deployed, for example for milk teeth
Procedure of a Dental Crown Treatment
Prior to the insertion of the artificial crown, the damaged natural tooth is prepared. For this purpose, the tooth has to be ground under local anaesthetics, pain-free. This means healthy dental substance is getting lost. Nevertheless, this step is necessary to provide sufficient stability for the crown.
Afterwards, an impression of the prepared tooth stump is made. The dental technician uses that impression to form the dental crown. This procedure can take a few days, which makes a temporary plastic crown for the tooth stump necessary. This protects your tooth while you are waiting for the actual crown, conceals the tooth stump and enables you to chew.
After the crown has been finished in the laboratory, it is bonded onto your teeth under local anaesthetics.
Costs for Dental Crowns
The costs for your individual denture vary depending on the method, kind of denture and material. We are here to make sure to consult you on any costs involved, particularly after your examination and after your health insurance has sent your personal therapeutic and cost schedule.
We are also happy to give you helpful advice and go through possible alternatives. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.